Will Crous host me ?

Warning: the Crous residences are granted in priority to students holding a grant on social criteria.

For international students

The application process varies depending on whether you are on a formal exchange program or a free mover.

Formal exchange

Do not contact the Crous

  • Erasmusor formal exchange program: the international relations service of your host institution takes care of booking your accommodation and sending you the procedures.
  • Scholar operated by Campus France: Campus France takes care of booking your accommodation and sending you the procedures.


  • Crous accommodation: you must apply online AFTER JULY 9thvia : Trouver un logement en résidence Crous
  • Other accommodation:the Crous gives you access to classified ads via the Lokaviz portal:

housing assistance systems

As a student in France, you are eligible to several financial helps.

All applications must be filed via the CAF, Family Allowance Fund


Should your parents or family be unable to act as guarantors for your future student housing, you can use Visale, a free 100% guarantor for all adult students!

The Visale guarantee is a service of Action Logement. It offers adult students a free rental deposit for any type of accommodation without an income check.

Visale also acts as a guarantor for your landlord.

> Find out more on
See the guide for foreign students


Our social workers welcome you and intervene according to your specific needs of individual arrangements in the Crous accommodations. They work in partnership with the “Mission Handicap” representatives in your university, the MDPH (Regional House for Disabled People), the preventive medicine services and specialized institutions.

Please check terms and conditions with your Crous.


Bed & Crous may host you for a temporary trip if some rooms are available.

Non merci

Le crous mobile

Le crous a son appli

Retrouvez toutes les infos du Crous (Restos U, logement, activités culturelles, services sociaux…) sur votre smartphone !